Athena: The Warrior Queen of Yavdolo by Helen R. Davis
No of Pages: 140
Publication House: Christian Faith Publishing, Inc.
Date of Publication: May 17, 2017
Genre: Science Fiction
Book Source: HFVBT
Star Rating: 4.5/5
Damlol is a planet located outside the reaches of Earth and the solar system, a peaceful world from which many colonists from Earth left centuries ago, fleeing a worldwide caliphate. But all is not as it seems. Athena, the princess of a country known as Yavdolo, is growing up in a turbulent time. The kingdom of Avodla desires to crush all other nations and cover the world in an oppressive dictatorship—similar to the one the colonists fled from so many centuries ago. This is the story of a girl of great courage and her many adventures, the first in a series.
Helen R. Davis has a long interest in history, religion, politics, and all nations. Author of “Evita, My Life,” Ms. Davis has studied the ancient world through the gift of books since a very young age, her passion for Egypt and the era of Cleopatra kindled long ago. She has also researched and studied other times and eras and has a passion for strong women who have governed nations from the past to the present.
We got a chance to get personal with Helen and ask her some cool questions:
1) What is the first book that made you cry?– I would have to give that honor to Shabanu: Daughter of the Wind. It is a lovely book that shows the plight of women and the true lack of autonomy over their selves in Pakistan. The sequel, Haveli, is even sadder.
2) What other authors are you friends with, and how do they help you become a better writer?– E. Carolina Casas is my co-author for Isabella Unashamed and I am currently in process of editing her next novel, Crowned Rose of York. I would say more that I helped her rather than she me as we bumped into each other after a long separation and she began writing again after I made a difference in her life. She is managing my Facebook page as I find Facebook to be draining.
3) If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?– I had a professor in college who said I couldn’t write at all and that I had no future. I would tell her not to listen to him. He used an example in my first writing class of Joyce Carol Oates throwing her first novel in the trash when critiquing a piece of mine. I would tell her ‘go tell him that Stephen King threw his first novel in the trash, and his wife fished it out. It was called ‘Carrie.”
4) As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?– It would have to be the character Barbalib from the adorable French cartoon show Barbapapa. She has a personality a lot like mine and loves reading!
5) Any future plans for Athena?– I want to see what the fans want. Do you prefer her and Joshua to get together in the sequel? Also, what about the angels in the ending? Which character would you like to see have a spinoff? Or do you just want to see Athena triumph over Barbaro and tell the Avodlans to go to Hell? Let me know!
6) Message for our readers!– Thanks for this great opportunity. Believe in yourself and in whatever gives you meaning and nothing will stop you if you persist!
During the Blog Tour we will be giving away a paperback copy of Athena: Warrior Queen of Yavdolo! To enter, please enter via the Gleam form below.
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST on June 8th. You must be 18 or older to enter.
– Giveaway is open to residents in the US only.
– Only one entry per household.
– All giveaway entrants agree to be honest and not cheat the systems; any suspect of fraud is decided upon by blog/site owner and the sponsor, and entrants may be disqualified at our discretion.
– Winner has 48 hours to claim prize or new winner is chosen.
Giveaway Link: https://gleam.io/TOlKh/athena
To Request reviews please contact us at: